10 Things To Know About Late Ex-IGP, Tafa Balogun
10 Things To Know About Late Ex-IGP, Tafa Balogun: Tafa Balogun, a former Inspector-General General of Police (IGP), died recently.
He was confirmed dead at a hospital in Lagos.
Family sources confirmed the death of Balogun, who became IGP in March 2002, to Daily Trust on Thursday night, but did not go into details.
Here are 10 things to know about the late Balogun:
1) He was born on August 8, 1947 at Ila-Orangun in Osun State.
2) He was at a time, the Principal Staff Officer (PSO) to former Inspector-General of Police, Muhammadu Gambo.
3) He was a member of cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Course 3
4) He was also a Deputy Commission of Police Edo State, the pioneer Commissioner of Police in Delta State. He was also CP in Rivers and Abia states.
5) He was a fellow of the premier highest military institution in Nigeria, the National War College
6) He was named the 21st Inspector-General of Police on March 6, 2002
7) On April 4, 2005, Balogun was arraigned at the Federal High Court, Abuja for stealing and laundering of over $100 million in his three years as Inspector General of Police from the Police treasury.
8) He collapsed on his seat on June 29, 2005, at the Abuja High Court.
9) After pleading guilty to eight of the 56 count-charges directly affecting him, he was convicted and sentenced to six months in each of the charges, which ran concurrently.
10) He was released on February 9, 2006 after serving his sentence.
TrendsOfLegends Media Comments/Views/Opinions:
Thanks for making out time to visit our website, feel free to visit our homepage on https://trendsoflegends.com/ to check other amazing contents/updates