Nigerian Legend and Noble Prize Award Winner, Professor Wole Soyinka has advised Nigerian youths to take active participation in the nation’s politics…
According to reports, Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, has advised the nation’s youths to be more serious about having representatives at the seat of power in the next political dispensation by participating in the election and ensuring that the youths are well represented in the government.
Soyinka said the ruling old politicians had failed the country as they had no answer to the disaster currently hitting the country.
It was gathered that the don stated this while speaking with journalists after the second convocation lecture he delivered at the Elizade University, Ilara Mokin, Ondo State on Thursday evening.
“All I can just tell you (youths) is this, don’t make the mistake of following those who failed you before; those who are pretending that they have nothing to do with the disaster that has overtaken Nigeria.
They are very quick to smell failure, they are very quick to shout it; but then, they exculpate themselves, whereas they are the founding malfeasance of the Nigerian condition.
That is what I am warning youths against. Mobilize and get your representatives and stop bothering geriatrics like myself.”
Let’s have your say on this; I believe he has said the right thing. It is said, but it is left for the youths to act, I mean to really act…
Trending On This Site
- 2021 Fully Funded Scholarships Applications
- Simple Guidelines & Requirements For Canada Work Visa & Permit
- Biographies, Documentaries, Brands, Reviews & Profiles
- Short Funny Jokes, Memes, Photos & Videos
- 2021 Scholarships For International Students
- Fully Funded Scholarship Opportunities For All Countries & Continents
- Fully Funded Scholarships For Masters Courses At UK Universities
- List Of 2021/2022 Fully Funded Scholarships Opportunities Applications
- "How I Became A Lesbian", Alice Shares Her Experiences (Complete Story)
- Scholarship Opportunities For International Students, Africans, South Africans & Nigerians