known me before, and this may be your first time of visiting this blog. I will
try my best to be direct and brief in this piece of advice I have for all
ex-members of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) who are still unemployed up
know that I am one of the people who would be happy if NYSC would be scrapped
if it can’t be improved or made better. At times, I wished the period for NYSC
programme would be reduced to three months or at most six months.
both in terms of the payment and the facilities made available for the serving
corps members. Doing so will change the forged meaning of NYSC from “Now Your Suffering Continues” to “Now Your Success Continues”.
times in above paragraphs; this advice is for you if you are still unemployed
after your one year of serving Nigeria. This advice is not for those ex-Corps members who are gainfully employed
at the moment.
programme (for a period of one year); but if you had played your roles very
well, you would have gotten connections that may land you a job of your dream.
to meet new people, make new friends and increase your chances of getting
connection to highly placed persons in the society.
out of NYSC programme successfully, or rather put, you have finished serving
your country Nigeria. The hustle should have continued immediately after the
already gotten jobs before their graduation. Am I saying before their graduation?
In fact, even before their admission into tertiary institutions. This set of
people only needs to go the tertiary institutions, get a certificate and then
grab the jobs that have been kept for them.
graduates spent their times doing on campus. Just reading their books, I guess?
If you fall among those graduates that passed through the higher institution
only reading your books and never thought of acquiring other skills, then you
have yourself to be blamed partly when you are finding it difficult to secure a
undergraduates on the need for them to acquire skills while on campus: “My Humble Advice To All Undergraduate Students On The Need For Skill Acquisitions While In School”
ex-Corps Members) are busy celebrating your passing out, but please do not be
carried away by the euphoria of the celebration.
it is worth celebrating because it is really not an easy journey to be embarked
on for a year. Many lost their lives in the course, but you scaled through: I
really thank God for your life.
members; I am advising you now, do not go back home and sit down waiting and
praying for that big-paying job to come your way. Secure any good job you see
paying you much initially, just get the job so long it can be able to provide
for you the little you can be using to take care of yourself for as you search
for better one. Get the experience, okay; and as you are doing the job with
diligence and dedication, be looking for a better one.
even get connected to your dream job while doing that job which may not be
paying you very well at the moment. It all depends on your attitudes while at
work and your luck or what destiny holds for you.
every of the freshest ex-Corps members to go out there and acquire one skill or
the other. There are lots of skills for graduates and even undergraduates (You
can check them out in this post).
home doing nothing and some persons would be feeling big, maybe as graduates who
have finished their service. It is better for you to acquire one skill
depending on the one you have interest in. Feel free to CONTACT US in case you need ourassistance and advice.
for better job or rather a job that will be paying you more. Do not stay idle
answering graduates. One of the skills you may even opt in to acquire may be
what will even get you to the peak of your success.
finished serving about two or more years back and are still unemployed up till
this moment. I wonder what you were doing after service.
saying he/she is a graduate and has been unemployed for good five years or
more. For goodness sake, being a graduate does not mean that you cannot explore
another aspect/area of human endeavours different from what you have studied in
you read Banking and Finance; then you graduated, gone for your one-year
service programme, you applied for a job. After that, you wore a suit, stepped
into an office (maybe a bank) for an interview. Then you got accepted for the
mean that you will go to an interview and someone will accept you to work for
him or her. You can be the one to employ yourself, not must it would someone
else that have to employ you.
employment opportunity; I prefer using JOB opportunity. When it seems that you
can secure a job from someone else; try to provide a job for yourself by
enrolling into one skill acquisition programme or another.
literate, and you are expected to have sharp thoughts. So, why not sit down and
think of something you can do to be getting money. Then you can think of
improving the thing as time goes.
someone graduated many years ago and till this moment he/she has not got
unemployed ex-Corps members to humble themselves. Yes, you need to humble
yourself. As a graduate who is seeking for employment or job, you need to be
humble and as well avoid being idle.
you need to add other skills to improve your CV so as to increase your chances
of securing your dream job. Remember that there are other graduates applying
for the same job you may have applied for.
is now digitalized; so I advise you opt in for the acquisition of one skill or
more on ICT and other related areas.
now; I think that I have said enough. I will still drop more advice later for
unemployed ex-Corps members concerning job opportunities.
questions in the comment section; and please endeavour to share this piece of
advice with others.
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING INTERESTING UPDATES:
- THIS IS AWESOME: (Video) Watch How A Father Made His Baby To Say "I Love You" For The First Time
- RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: "The Joy Of Being A Male" Written By Chinonso Emmanuel Asiegbu
- DON'T MISS THIS: Here Are Five (5) Statements To Strengthen Your Mind & Spirit
- READ ALSO: (Watch Video) New Format/Scope From Girls (Everyday For The Thief, One Day For The Owner)
- A MUST READ: What Do You Regret Most After Separating With A Partner? – The Inspirational Parrot Speaks
- HAVE YOU READ THIS: Trending Videos: A Young Nigerian Graduate Shares How & Why He Lost A Job During An Interview
- ALSO CHECK OUT THIS: "Depression Is Very Real" Nigerian Musician Banky W Reveals In A Video
- WATCH THIS NOW: (Video) Banky W Shares How He Succeeded In The Music Industry
- THIS IS TOUCHING: (Video) She Was Told She Would Die, See What Happened After
- SEE THIS NOW: Which Of These Statements Make Ladies Happy Or Angry?
- SURE YOU DON'T KNOW THIS: Is Ekene Alake Obayi The First Herds-Woman In The World? (Video)
- THIS IS FOR YOU: How To Make Money Online & Ways To Earn Money Through The Internet
- YOU NEED THIS: (Video) What You Need To Know About A Confused Mind - Jim Kwik
- SHOCKING STORY: "How I Became A Lesbian"; Alice Tells Her Story
- DO YOU KNOW THIS?: Healthy Eating Habits For A Healthy Family
- REVEALED: True Or False? Two Things That Might Come Into A Lady's Mind Before Visiting A Guy For The First Time
- WOW!!! Trending Story: Lady Shares How She Met Her Husband Through Facebook (Just Relax & Have Fun As You Read)
- WHATSAPP UPDATE: Tech News: See 5 New Features The Latest WhatsApp Version Has
- (Watch Video) How God Used Lord Zeus To Bless A Young Onitsha-Based Sachet Water Hawker Who Was Once A Chemist
- HEALTH NEWS: (Video) How Modern Technology/Technique Is Now Used To Circumcise Male Babies In Place of Crude Method
- REVEALED!!! Fifty (50) Great Qualities That Can Help You To Achieve Success In Greater Quantities
- CRYPTO NEWS: 10 Reasons AFriGold Mining Platform Might Be Fake And Scam
- Sports News: List of Football Clubs That Have Qualified For Next Season’s UEFA Champions League
- LESSONS: Who Is A Great Leader? Find Out From Eleanor Rosalynn Carter’s Definition