Foreign Celebrity Gist: Rihanna Sues Her Father For Using Fenty Brand Name Without Permission
Foreign Celebrity Gist – Rihanna Sues Her Father For Using Fenty Brand Name Without Permission: Trending gist has it that Rihanna has sued her father for using Fenty Brand Name without proper permission.
When it comes to her brand, Rihanna doesn’t take things lightly. It is being reported that the singer has sued her own father for using her “Fenty” brand name without her permission.
According to court documents obtained by The Blast and NY Daily News, Rihanna’s dad Ronald Fenty is using the trademarked name for his own talent development and entertainment company without her permission and has “misrepresented” the notion that he can “act on her behalf” while booking shows among other things.
The shows include a $15 million tour in Latin America and two concerts at Staples Center in Los Angeles and T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas for $400,000. Rihanna uses the name for her popular Fenty Beauty Line.
Rihanna claims that her dad even unsuccessfully tried to file a trademark for “Fenty” to use with resort boutique hotels.
A portion of the suit reads:
“Although Mr. Fenty is Rihanna’s father, he does not have, and never has had, authority to act on Rihanna’s behalf, nor has he ever been authorized to use her name, intellectual property or publicity rights”.
RiRi claims that her father failed to act on multiple cease and desist requests sent by her. She’s now asking the judge to order an injunction against her father using the “Fenty” brand name and also pay up for damages.
This is really serious, would you sue your father if you were in Rihanna’s shoes?
Trending On This Site
- 2021 Fully Funded Scholarships Applications
- Simple Guidelines & Requirements For Canada Work Visa & Permit
- Biographies, Documentaries, Brands, Reviews & Profiles
- Short Funny Jokes, Memes, Photos & Videos
- 2021 Scholarships For International Students
- Fully Funded Scholarship Opportunities For All Countries & Continents
- Fully Funded Scholarships For Masters Courses At UK Universities
- List Of 2021/2022 Fully Funded Scholarships Opportunities Applications
- "How I Became A Lesbian", Alice Shares Her Experiences (Complete Story)
- Scholarship Opportunities For International Students, Africans, South Africans & Nigerians