I Kidnapped My Lover To Raise Money For Our Wedding–Suspect Confesses
I Kidnapped My Lover To Raise Money For Our Wedding–Suspect Confesses: A man who kidnapped his girlfriend with the help of three others has confessed.
28-year-old Bello Ahmed said he abducted his lover, Miss Hannah Queen at Apo Estate in Abuja to raise money for their traditional marriage.
Bello, who was arrested along with three others allegedly conspired with Ibrahim Mohammed, 30; Bilyamiyu Mohammed, 30; and Uche Daniel 34 to abduct his lover on March 26, 2022, after a carefully-organized plan.
The kidnapped victim, who is a lawyer and daughter of a renowned diplomat was said to have met her lover, Bello in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The four suspects were arrested by operatives of the Force Intelligence Bureau’s Intelligence Response Team (IRT) following a report filed at the IRT Headquarters at Guzape by one of the victim’s uncles, ACP Yusuf Sanni.
The police said the suspects were arrested for criminal conspiracy and kidnapping over the well-coordinated kidnap.
However, in his statement, Bello admitted to organising the abduction of his lover because she had put him under pressure to raise money for their traditional marriage.
He said, “My lover put so much pressure on me to marry her. So, I was forced to kidnap her to raise the money I needed. I regret my involvement in the act as I couldn’t get the money. I expected that I will be paid the ransom.”
The kidnapped victim was said to be in a relationship with the suspect who lives in Dubai and is also a friend to the parents of the victim.
According to Daily Trust, police investigations revealed that the key suspect had married a wife and had two children in Dubai before relocating to Nigeria.
The investigation also revealed that the suspect had a rented apartment at the aforementioned estate in Abuja upon his relocation to Nigeria based on the relationship.
He was alleged to have brought the other three gang members into the 3-bedroom bungalow apartment three days before the kidnap was arranged by himself when the lady visited him and was relaxing in his living room.
After the criminal gang members took him and his would-be spouse into captivity, he made the victim believe that he had sent N10m to the kidnappers for their release through a fake bank alert, until she discovered the antics and started calling her parents for her release.
The key suspect confessed that they expected a total of N50m as ransom from the parents of the victim so that the gang would get up to at least N10m each.
Further interrogation revealed that Bello had initially planned to marry the lady as a second wife in November 2022, but moved the marriage ceremony forward to July to forestall the possibility of her marriage to a newfound lover.
Exhibits said to have been recovered from the suspects include a hack saw, two masks, one beret cap, one masking tape and one iPhone.
Other exhibits said to have been used by the suspects for the kidnapping and still missing from the house of the key suspect include; three toy guns and an axe
According to the investigative Police Officer, Sergeant Law Okeke, all the suspects are culpable in the crime as all have made useful statements to aid the police investigations into the crime.
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP, Usman Alkali Baba, has directed the police authorities on the imperatives of diligent prosecution of the matter in the nation’s law courts for justice to be served on all the suspects involved.
TrendsOfLegends Media Comments/Views/Opinions:
Crazy things are really happening these days. Everyone is advised to please cut their coats to their sizes.
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING INTERESTING UPDATES:
- THIS IS AWESOME: (Video) Watch How A Father Made His Baby To Say "I Love You" For The First Time
- RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: "The Joy Of Being A Male" Written By Chinonso Emmanuel Asiegbu
- DON'T MISS THIS: Here Are Five (5) Statements To Strengthen Your Mind & Spirit
- READ ALSO: (Watch Video) New Format/Scope From Girls (Everyday For The Thief, One Day For The Owner)
- A MUST READ: What Do You Regret Most After Separating With A Partner? – The Inspirational Parrot Speaks
- HAVE YOU READ THIS: Trending Videos: A Young Nigerian Graduate Shares How & Why He Lost A Job During An Interview
- ALSO CHECK OUT THIS: "Depression Is Very Real" Nigerian Musician Banky W Reveals In A Video
- WATCH THIS NOW: (Video) Banky W Shares How He Succeeded In The Music Industry
- THIS IS TOUCHING: (Video) She Was Told She Would Die, See What Happened After
- SEE THIS NOW: Which Of These Statements Make Ladies Happy Or Angry?
- SURE YOU DON'T KNOW THIS: Is Ekene Alake Obayi The First Herds-Woman In The World? (Video)
- THIS IS FOR YOU: How To Make Money Online & Ways To Earn Money Through The Internet
- YOU NEED THIS: (Video) What You Need To Know About A Confused Mind - Jim Kwik
- SHOCKING STORY: "How I Became A Lesbian"; Alice Tells Her Story
- DO YOU KNOW THIS?: Healthy Eating Habits For A Healthy Family
- REVEALED: True Or False? Two Things That Might Come Into A Lady's Mind Before Visiting A Guy For The First Time
- WOW!!! Trending Story: Lady Shares How She Met Her Husband Through Facebook (Just Relax & Have Fun As You Read)
- WHATSAPP UPDATE: Tech News: See 5 New Features The Latest WhatsApp Version Has
- (Watch Video) How God Used Lord Zeus To Bless A Young Onitsha-Based Sachet Water Hawker Who Was Once A Chemist
- HEALTH NEWS: (Video) How Modern Technology/Technique Is Now Used To Circumcise Male Babies In Place of Crude Method
- REVEALED!!! Fifty (50) Great Qualities That Can Help You To Achieve Success In Greater Quantities
- CRYPTO NEWS: 10 Reasons AFriGold Mining Platform Might Be Fake And Scam
- Sports News: List of Football Clubs That Have Qualified For Next Season’s UEFA Champions League
- LESSONS: Who Is A Great Leader? Find Out From Eleanor Rosalynn Carter’s Definition