Benue Court Jails 24-year-old Lady For Trafficking Young Girls To Mali
Benue Court Jails 24-year-old Lady For Trafficking Young Girls To Mali: A court in Makurdi, Benue state has convicted a 24-year-old lady.
The Federal High Court sentenced Mercy Sese, to 7 years in prison with the option of N4.5m fine for trafficking young girls to Mali for prost#tution.
The presiding judge, Justice AbduDogo sentenced the accused on Wednesday, May 11, after she pleaded guilty to a 7 count charge preferred against her for the offence of organizing foreign trips for young girls to Mali for sexual exploitation.
The offence contrary is to sections 18, 27 and 29 of the Trafficking in persons (Prohibition) enforcement and administration act 2015.
We had reported that the Makurdi Zonal Command of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Person, NAPTIP, arrested Sese at a popular motor park in Makurdi earlier this year.
Makurdi Zonal Commander of NAPTIP, Mr. Gloria Bai, said huge sum of money including foreign currencies were recovered from Sese.
“The Command in the early hours of Friday, January 7, 2022, received a call from a concerned citizen from Duku Motor Part at Wurukum Makurdi, who alerted the command of a suspected case of human trafficking involving seven ladies of which one is the suspected trafficker,” she stated.
“Officers of the command arrived at Duku Motor Park some few minutes after receiving the call and met the six ladies and the suspected who said they were all travelling to Lagos
“The victims were between the ages 16 – 24 years by facial analysis. At the time of the arrival, the Nigerian police were also on the ground because they were also called on the matter
“About N500,000 was found on the suspect alongside some foreign currencies indicating that the victims were to be moved to a destination outside the country yet to be determined
“The ladies were all moved to the office of the Nigeria Police in the company of the officers o NAPTIP and the police are carrying out preliminary investigation for onward transfer to NAPTIP for future investigation and possible prosecution.”
TrendsOfLegends Media Comments/Views/Opinions:
Thanks for making out time to visit our website, visit our homepage at https://trendsoflegends.com/ to check other amazing contents/updates
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING INTERESTING UPDATES:
- THIS IS AWESOME: (Video) Watch How A Father Made His Baby To Say "I Love You" For The First Time
- RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: "The Joy Of Being A Male" Written By Chinonso Emmanuel Asiegbu
- DON'T MISS THIS: Here Are Five (5) Statements To Strengthen Your Mind & Spirit
- READ ALSO: (Watch Video) New Format/Scope From Girls (Everyday For The Thief, One Day For The Owner)
- ALSO CHECK OUT THIS: "Depression Is Very Real" Nigerian Musician Banky W Reveals In A Video
- WATCH THIS NOW: (Video) Banky W Shares How He Succeeded In The Music Industry
- THIS IS TOUCHING: (Video) She Was Told She Would Die, See What Happened After
- SEE THIS NOW: Which Of These Statements Make Ladies Happy Or Angry?
- SURE YOU DON'T KNOW THIS: Is Ekene Alake Obayi The First Herds-Woman In The World? (Video)
- THIS IS FOR YOU: How To Make Money Online & Ways To Earn Money Through The Internet
- YOU NEED THIS: (Video) What You Need To Know About A Confused Mind - Jim Kwik
- SHOCKING STORY: "How I Became A Lesbian"; Alice Tells Her Story
- DO YOU KNOW THIS?: Healthy Eating Habits For A Healthy Family
- WHATSAPP UPDATE: Tech News: See 5 New Features The Latest WhatsApp Version Has
- REVEALED!!! Fifty (50) Great Qualities That Can Help You To Achieve Success In Greater Quantities
- CRYPTO NEWS: 10 Reasons AFriGold Mining Platform Might Be Fake And Scam
- Sports News: List of Football Clubs That Have Qualified For Next Season’s UEFA Champions League
- LESSONS: Who Is A Great Leader? Find Out From Eleanor Rosalynn Carter’s Definition